help! dselect / apt-get segmentation fault!

help! dselect / apt-get segmentation fault on me...

Here is the output when I run dselect/install:

Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
  nvi-m17n-common systune nvi-m17n
16 packages upgraded, 3 newly installed, 0 to remove and 5 not upgraded.
1 packages not fully installed or removed.
/usr/lib/dpkg//methods/apt/install: line 40: 17276 Segmentation fault      $APTG
ET $OPTS dselect-upgrade
Some errors occurred while unpacking. I'm going to configure the
packages that were installed. This may result in duplicate errors
or errors caused by missing dependencies. This is OK, only the errors
above this message are important. Please fix them and run [I]nstall again
Press enter to continue.

I'm running potato, any help is appreciated..

--
Yifang Dai

EFax: (847)628-0255