Re: DNS for workstations using DHCP

> My questions is can I use bind to solve my problmen?
>
> Is it posible to assign IP addresses to workstations using a look up table.
> So CP6 will always get's 192.168.1.6 as his IP address?

if machineA should always be 1.1.1.1 you add a line in the dhcp server's conf
binding the machine's MAC address to that IP.  When it next asks for an IP,
the dhcp server knows to give it a specific one rather than a dynamic one.

The man page for the dhcp server or the dhcp server conf file shows an example
as does the docs.