Re: ZIP drive and kernel 2.2?

The only think I can think of is there's another program, more specifically a TSR
that's running resident in the background causing modprobe to report with this error.
Are you sure that you don't have lpd running in the background and that you have
unloaded any other possibly conflicting modules that may take up your IRQ or use the
parrallel port?  Reboot your computer and check the bios settings for your parallel
port's IRQ and memory address.  Then modprobe lp and make sure it's displayed as shown
in your /proc/interrupts and the other file that's in the /proc directory that shows
memory address for devices connected to the system (sorry, I can't tell you exactly
which one, I'm in school on a NT box).  If everything isn't 'congruent', then you need
to check to be sure that no other device is using those resources.