Re: Apps For Debian?

>> "LW" == Lawrence Wickline <legends@oz.net> writes:

LW> Now I have a minimally configured box running WindowMaker and I
LW> need to find Replacement apps for my windows junk. Specificaly a
LW> Word Replacement ( I tried WordPerfect but the install blew up at
LW> the end)

Worked for me. You may want to post your problems, so someone can help
you with the install.

LW> Also need something that will make .gifs (Gimp doesn't seem to do
LW> this)

It does. Install the gimp-nonfree package.

LW> I need a good HTML code editor for debian (Been thinking I may
LW> just program macros in emacs but I don't realy want to)

I use XEmacs with the psgml-html-mode and hm--html-minor-mode. It is
just great.

Add these lines into .emacs in your homedir:

(autoload 'html-mode "psgml-html" "Load psgml-html-mode" t)
(add-hook 'html-mode-hook 'hm--html-minor-mode)

LW> On a side note I will be needing a Database to connect a website
LW> to fairly soon. Any suggestions (I am leaning towards mySQL but I
LW> would like a GUI interface to work in if possiable)

I use Mysql for such things myself. For admin GUIs, there are xmysql
and xmysqladmin.

Ciao,
	Martin