Re: update-menus

> Looks like I have opened a can of worms here.  Looks like I will
> change WM to fvwm and start this all over again.
>
> Andrew, what WM are you running and do you see any of the above
> happening?

Here's what I added to get the menu entries:
In ~/.menu/tcd:
?package(tcd):needs="text" title=tcd \
    section=Apps/Sound command=/usr/bin/tcd
And in ~/.menu/gtcd:
?package(tcd):needs="x11" title=gtcd \
   section=Apps/Sound command=/usr/X11R6/bin/gtcd

Then update-menus and it works perfectly... FYI, I'm using v1.5-19 of the
menu package and 0.53.0-2 of WindowMaker. Also note that you can have only
one menu entry per file...

Also check your wmaker menu files. ~/GNUStep/Defaults/WMRootMenu should
contain "menu.hook" and ~/GNUStep/Library/WindowMaker/menu.hook should have
your current menu structure.

If this doesn't work, maybe try 'update-menus -d 2> log' and then look through
log.. It *should* have a line like

Update-menus[13336]: ADDING: command="/usr/bin/tcd" needs="text"
section="Apps/Sound" title="tcd"

HTH
--
Andrew Chung                    ac111@cornell.edu
See http://anderoo.dhs.org/~anderoo/pgp.html for PGP key

It's a sin only if you dwell on the what ifs and the but ifs