Re: Any danger in dselecting emacs packages?

> I've been reading a lot online that emacs takes up a lot of space and
> sometimes causes strange things to happen on the screen and within debian's
> setup. One online message jokingly hinted that maybe microsoft created
> emacs due to the multiple issues that occur when running emacs.

I probably have missed those messages. For me Xemacs is working very good.
(except, Xemacs 19 is stuck in broken mode in dselect, and doesnt want to
leave. ) It's working better than Netscape 4.5, which from time to time
creates zombie processes on me, which take up 17M of ram.

> I plan on networking my pc & linux as well as play games, play music
> software, run perl scripts remotely, and run a pbtv card in the system.
> With that in mind, do you know if there any dangers in me running dselect
> on emacs packages? Are there any disadvantages to not having emacs
> installed in my system?

Again, there could be some danger, I don't know.
Emacs is just convinient text-editor. Pretty good for programming.
Unfortunately, it is bulky. No disadvantages of not having it in your
system, except you would be missing the wonderful psychoanalyst Zippy.

Andrew

 Andrei S. Ivanov
 c680789@showme.missouri.edu
 UIN 12402354