The mysterious '2 '

 	A while back I noticed that there was a number 2
in some of my directories. Initially my first reaction
was to delete them as I had not created them. Even this
took a while as they were actually named 2space ie '2 ',
which was not obvious to me.

	Last week I discovered some more of these files and
decided to look inside one. I used 'file' and discovered that
they were text files. I used 'cat' and the following was displayed:

	/usr/bin/updatedb:  /var/lib/locate/locatedb.n: Permission denied
	find:/etc/ppp:Permission denied
	find:/etc/chatscripts:Permission denied
	find:/root:Permission denied
	find:/bin/secure-su:Permission denied
	updated: new database would be empty

	As I write this E-mail I seem only now to notice what the
contents of the file actually mean. I hope I am wrong.	I am a home
user and the only network I'm connected to is the internet, and I
haven't used this for a month or two as I intended to change my isp.

	Can anyone throw any light this situation.

T: per_adua32