Changing ownership for mounted fat partitions

Hi all:

I would like to change ownership of all partitions, mounted under /mnt
to group local. I am as a user member of "local". For instance, I have
a fat32 partition mounted under /mnt/fat32.

# chown root.local /mnt
<OK>
# chown root.local /mnt/fat32
chown: /mnt/fat32: Operation not permitted

If I unmount the partition, then I can change ownership for
/mnt/fat32, but when I mount the partition again, ownership changes to
root.root again. :(

The main problem for me is that I haven't got a write permission in my
fatXX partitions as a regular user.

Any input highly appreciated!!!
--
Arcady Genkin