Re: xosview

	Subject: xosview
	Date: Fri, May 07, 1999 at 03:42:50PM -0500

Quoting Robert V. MacQuarrie(Robert@MacQuarrie.org):

> Has anyone been able to get xosview to run on a 2.2.x kernel system? I
> currently have a Dual P200 system with Debian 2.1. Since updating to the
> 2.2.5 kernel I have not been able to use xosview at all. It starts but
> does not display anything at all and I have to kill the process. I have
> the Version: 1.6.1-4 of xosview installed right now and have tried all
> other debian versions to no avail.
>
> I've noticed while reading some archive lists via the web that the older
> versions had a problem with the 2.2.x kernels but i havent found any
> reference to what the problem was or if there has been a fix to it.
>
> I find this a great little resource and would love to be able to get it to
> work again. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Its been dead here since I went to 2.2.2.  Doesn't show up on the
screen but checking ps or top, it was using over 96% of the cpu.

Think I read in the Debian Weekly News that the author had been told
of the problem and was working on it.

--
"Imagine if every Thursday your shoes exploded if you tied them the
usual way.  This happens to us all the time with computers, and nobody