Re: xosview

	Subject: xosview
	Date: Fri, May 07, 1999 at 03:42:50PM -0500

Quoting Robert V. MacQuarrie(Robert@MacQuarrie.org):
> Has anyone been able to get xosview to run on a 2.2.x kernel system? I
> currently have a Dual P200 system with Debian 2.1. Since updating to the
> 2.2.5 kernel I have not been able to use xosview at all. It starts but
> does not display anything at all and I have to kill the process. I have
> the Version: 1.6.1-4 of xosview installed right now and have tried all
> other debian versions to no avail.
> I've noticed while reading some archive lists via the web that the older
> versions had a problem with the 2.2.x kernels but i havent found any
> reference to what the problem was or if there has been a fix to it.
> I find this a great little resource and would love to be able to get it to
> work again. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Its been dead here since I went to 2.2.2.  Doesn't show up on the
screen but checking ps or top, it was using over 96% of the cpu.

Think I read in the Debian Weekly News that the author had been told
of the problem and was working on it.

"Imagine if every Thursday your shoes exploded if you tied them the
usual way.  This happens to us all the time with computers, and nobody
thinks of complaining."
                -- Jeff Raskin, interviewed in Doctor Dobb's Journal
Wayne T. Topa <wtopa@mindspring.com>