Windows won't boot

I have a 6.4Gb drive that has a 1.6Gb primary partition and a 4.8Gb
extended partition. The extended partition has 3 logical partitions,
each 1.6Gb. Linux is on a separate 1Gb drive on the primary IDE slave. I
want to move linux to the 6.4Gb drive. I cleared the files from the last
logical partition (Windows drive f:). Then I used fdisk (DOS version) to
delete the last logical partition (f:) in the extended partition. Fdisk
said to reboot to make the changes take effect. When I rebooted, the
computer hung on the BIOS setup after the message "Verifying DMI pool
data". I have to use the Windows boot floppy to get the machine up. Then
I use loadlin to boot linux (lilo is not configured).

What must I do to get Windows to boot again? What did I do to make the
system not boot?

Thanks for your help.

Greg Scharrer