Installation problems

Hi everyone,

This is my first time installing Linux. I've got the Debian packages on CD,
but was forced to install the base systems on floppy disks because the CD
drive was playing up (it's a sbpcd). At reboot it was detected successfully,
but when I got to install the packages from the CD I'm asked for the block
device name for the cd drive. I have no idea what it may be. Is there a way
I can find out.

Also, the ^C key does not work where I am and so the only thing I can do is
type in the correct block name or reboot the system..

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Nic.