Re: Exim + Procmail + Mutt

On Sat, May 08, 1999 at 02:11:49AM +0200, J Horacio M G wrote:
> I lost some incoming mail as I tried to use Exim with the same .forward
> and .procmailrc scripts I had with Debian 2.0, it sent mails to
> /var/spool/exim/input/ and /var/spool/exim/msglog/.  I believe Exim
> complained about |exec and IFS (I tried both with .forward).  This is
> what I had in my ~/.forward:
>
> "|exec /usr/bin/procmail"

Exim is kind of like a MTA+MDA in one; to a degree, it does what
smail+procmail does.

That in mind, you can uninstall procmail, and have exim do all of your
mail sorting.  (You'll need take your procmail recipies, convert them
to exim's language, and stick them in your ~/.forward.)

For example, here is what I have in my ~/.forward to filter this
mailing lists' posts:

# Exim filter
#  take care of mailing list debian-user
if
   $header_X-Mailing-List: contains debian-user@lists.debian.org
then
   save <my_mail_directory>/debian-user
   finish
endif
# enf of debian-user filter

This works, although I think I liked smail+procmail better,
personally.  <shrug>

MG

--
Matt Garman, garman@students.uiuc.edu