Configuring Epson Stylus Photo Ex?

Hi. I'm trying to configure an Epson Stylus Photo Ex on a Debian 2.1 machine.

I can cat text to the device and it prints as ASCII.

Magicfilter is installed, I picked the stylus_color_720dpi-filter, is that
correct?

I tried gs, even when I ran the command manually and cat'd it do the device, all
I got was form feeds.

I tried gs-aladdin, and the manual commands work. But still it wasn't color.

As for NT client access, it's set up in the printcap and smb.conf the same as a
LaserJet which works. Yet, NT clients fail to print the test page.

Any ideas on how I can get this thing working? From online searching, I see many
people have problems with Epsons, but there are few solutions.

--
Marc Lepage
Software Developer