Re: Network and serial port

Brian Servis writes:
> Just curious.  Why are you using an infinite loop and not the persist
> pppd option?  I have never used ppp over serial so I may be missing
> something, but it just struck me as odd.

It is.  I used to use pppd as a poor man's LAN.  Persist works fine.
Try (all on one line, of course):

/usr/sbin/pppd /dev/ttyS0 115200 local crtscts persist bsdcomp 15,15
noauth proxyarp passive asyncmap 0 192.168.1.2:192.168.1.3

The proxyarp is useless without an ethernet, of course.
--
John Hasler
john@dhh.gt.org (John Hasler)