zgv (fwd)

Hi

I posted this to the Debian Users Mailing List around May 1,
but to date, I have received no reply. If someone would help
me configure vgalib and zgv, I'd appreciate it.

--David
David Teague, dbt@cs.wcu.edu
Debian GNU/Linux Because software support is free, timely,
                 useful, technically accurate, and friendly.

Hi

I run a 486-DX2/66, 16 MB Ram, two 1Gig SCSI disks and a CD ROM on
an Adaptec 2840 controller. I have a trident 9400 1MB video card,
and a KFC 15 inch monitor.

This system was running Debian 1.1 before my crash, zgv worked,
out of the box, no configuration necessary. After the crash, I
reinstalled Debian 2.0, from Cheapbytes CD released in November,
1998. I installed zgv_2.8-4.deb.

She wanted svgalib, so I installed what it asked for.  That dpkg
set up to its apparent satisfaction as well.

dpkg -i seems happy, but zgv does not work.

The sympton is that the screen rolls with pink raster lines, no
picture when I attempt to display a jpeg file.

The following svga libraries appear when I issue the command

locate libvga

/usr/lib/libc5-compat/libvga.so.1
/usr/lib/libc5-compat/libvga.so.1.2.13
/usr/lib/libc5-compat/libvgagl.so.1
/usr/lib/libc5-compat/libvgagl.so.1.2.13

I put my monitor's timings from the XF86Config file (that did work
under 1.1) and information about my video card in the libvga.config
file.

Would someone help me? Or ask questions about needed information I
have failed to provide.

--David

David Teague, dbt@cs.wcu.edu
Debian GNU/Linux Because reboots are for hardware and kernel updates.
		 Software should be expected to be stable.