Re: ZIP drive and kernel 2.2?

On 07 May 1999, Debian Mail wrote:
> Once (Debien 1.3.1) I could use my ZIP drive by saying
>
> rmmod lp
> insmod scsi_mod
> insmod sd_mod
> insmod ppa
>
> After I installed Debian 2.0, ppa.o was not there any more. Now I
> installed kernel 2.2.5. So ppa.o is there again, but not the other two
> modules above. If I just say
>
> insmod ppa
>
> I get:
>
> /lib/modules/2.2.5/scsi/ppa.o: init_module: Device or resource busy
>
> (but I did a rmmod lp first...)
>
> How does it work for kernel 2.2?
>
> Stef

I'm using kernel 2.2.7 on slink. My Zip (parallel) drive works perfectly
and so does the printer. I don't use modules at all.  The 2.2.* kernel
series allows you to have multiple parallel support.

Anthony

--
Anthony Campbell - running Linux Debian 2.1 (Windows-free zone)
Book Reviews: www.achc.demon.co.uk/bookreviews/

"The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ,
Moves on..."   - Edward Fitzgerald (Rubaiat of Omar Khayyam)