Re: Roxen

>> "PM" == Pann McCuaig <pann@ourmanpann.com> writes:

PM> Since you're running debian and (de)installation is so easy, why
PM> not just replace Apache with Roxen and see how it goes. You can
PM> always change back easily if something breaks.

I would leave apache for now, and install roxen in addition to
it. Then bind it to port 81 and do your tests. If all things work
right, do the move.

The only things that might be show stoppers are mod_perl and mod_php
(although a mod_php equivalent is in developement). As a mod_perl
replacement, there was some info about "speedy cgi" or such on
freshmeat some time ago. This thing will keep the perl interpreter
and/or scripts IIRC persistent in memory.

But if you don't explicitly use mod_perl and mod_php (you can use
the php cgi version with Roxen), you will be satisfied with Roxen.

Ciao,
	Martin