Re: Rescue disk's cfdisk reports HDD is corrupt

On Thu, 6 May 1999, BOHICA wrote:

[ snip ]

 : Problem:
 : On running install.bat from DOS (512Mb FAT partition), I cannot get
 : cfdisk to run successfully.  The error message reports that "THE
 : PARTITION IS CORRUPT!" and then offers to wipe the partition table for
 : me and start over - not exactly the best choice option for me.
 :
 : Question:
 : Does anyone have any suggestions on what might be causing the error?
 : Has this been seen before and I missed the post?

cfdisk seems to have issues with empty or "weird" partition tables, and
you've got a very large IDE disk, so it's probably confused.  Use fdisk
instead.

--
Nathan Norman
MidcoNet  410 South Phillips Avenue  Sioux Falls, SD