crypt ???

Got a package which is encrypted ... "crypt" (as mentioned in the docs for
unraveling it) does not exist.  I can't find a package called crypt but saw one
which integrates into Emacs (if that will even do what I'm looking for).  I
naturally don't have (nor really want) Emacs installed, but if this is the Only way to do
things ....

Noted the man page for crypt(3) from apropos, but that's a programmer's
issue, it seems.

Is there something simple I can do to undo this file?

Thanks for any help!

Kenward Vaughan