Re: Can't allocate DMA buffer

Hi,

I've encountered this problem too with a 2.0.36 kernel and a SB16
kernel module.  Especially after handling large (300Mb) files in
xwave.

The following two messages found at dejanews:

  <http://www.dejanews.com/[ST_rn=ps]/getdoc.xp?AN=213623376>
  <http://www.dejanews.com/[ST_rn=ps]/getdoc.xp?AN=388651500>

provide methods for "fixing" this problem without rebooting.  I have
not tested these tricks yet since the problem has not occured again on
my machine.

Another thing I read was what not using a kernel module might solve
this problem too.  But I don't remember where I read this..

Good luck!

Regards,
Remco

--
Kosto Osama Bin Laden Delta Force XTC bomb counter-intelligence cracking
ETA KGB explosion BOK UCK NORAD detonator Roel van Duin Rule Psix Beatrix