Re: ppa.o?

On Wed, 5 May 1999, Debian Mail wrote:

> But I think there was a possibility to sellect it when I installed
> Debian. So there should be a way to get that module without compiling
> it, shouldn't it?

There are 3 ways that I can think of if you want to  get ppa.o from
drv1440.bin file:

option a:

1. mount -o loop -t msdos drv1440.bin /mnt
2. find modules.tgz... ppa.o is there.

This assumes that you have installed loop block device module.

option b: (A bit risky! you might screw up your linux partition)

1. boot rescue boot disk. After Debian asks you for the debian driver
diskette...
2. press alt-F2 (to go to another console. press alt-F1 to go back.) mount
your linux partition if it's not yet mounted... and just copy the ppa.o
from the mounted diskette. For a hint on where your drv1440.bin is
mounted... run the command: "df".

option c:

I can e-mail to you the file ppp.o. :)

regards,

= ===== Andre M. Varon  Lasaltech Incorporated
= =  == Technical Head  Fax-Tel: (034)435-0836
= == =
=  = =  E-mail  : andrelst@mozcom.com
==== =  WebPage : http://andre.lasaltech.com