Re: Help files

In a message dated 5/5/99 12:23:33 PM Central Daylight Time,
brian@linuxfreak.com writes:

> From what I understand, I am supose to be able to get help on the Debian
> system
>  but every time I have tried, I get a search box and I get nothing replying
>  any search command that I give it.  What do I do to fix it so I get some
> help?

If the web site isn't working, you have other options:

* man pages - these are the starting point for information.  For example, to
get help on X, type 'man X'

* info pages - work the same as man pages, and in fact are the next level of
help.

* HOWTOs - these are in your /usr/doc dir, and contain bunches of help for
getting this going.

* list archives - on the debian site, go to the mailing list archives and
search there

* you can always ask for help here.