RE: simple graphics in latex

Shao Zhang writes:
 > Hi,
 > 	I need to include some simple graphics(boxes, triangles, similar to a flow chart) in
 > 	my latex document.
 >
 > 	I am wondering: Will it be easier to use gimp and xfig to draw the chart first and then
 > 	include it in latex as a picture, OR use some sort of latex packages to do it straight in
 > 	latex.
 >
 > 	Which method will you recommand? And How do i do it??
 >
 > 	Thanks.
 >
 > Shao.

Usually when I have to do such things I draw using xfig and I export as
PICTEX. It is a good way to have the better of both worlds: easy drawing and
keeping the capability of using exactly the Latex fonts and mathematical
symbols. You shoud give it a try.

A hint: if you want mathematica symbols in your drawing you can use latex
syntax ($1 = \alpha$, for exemple), but don't forget to set the "special flag"
(you can set it using the edit bottom and the clicking the text). If you
dont't do so, Latex will not interpret it as "commands".

Hope that helps.

Paulo
--
Paulo José da Silva e Silva   <rsilva@ime.usp.br>