Re: Unblinking block cursor

Randal Schoen wrote:
> Is there a way to patch the kernel, or the necessary library, to have a
> solid, unblinking block cursor, rather than that annoying blinking underline
> (a.k.a., FreeBSD has the cursor I'm after)?
>
> This is for standard consoles, of course, not X.  ;>

Software generated cursor
CONFIG_SOFTCURSOR
  If you say Y here, you'll be able to do lots of nice things with the
  cursors of your virtual consoles -- for example turn them into
  non-blinking block cursors which are more visible on laptop screens,
  or change their colors depending on the virtual console they're on.
  See Documentation/VGA-softcursor.txt for more information.

--
see shy jo