Re: Gnuserv and emacs20

Ian> On Fri, Apr 30, 1999 at 10:21:53AM +0200, Peter Weiss wrote:
>>
>> I can't manage to make the gnuclient (gnuserv package version 2.1alpha-4)
>> work with emacs20 (package version 20.3-7). Emacs message:
>>
>> error in process filter: Wrong number of arguments: #[(list) "?F@@@AÃ	!Ä ?
?pÉ
>> [other binary-stuff]
>>

Ian> I'm not sure this is much help but it works fine for me.  However I am
Ian> running emacs20.2-7 (same version of gnuserv though).  All I had to do
Ian> was put this in my ~/.emacs:

Ian> 	(gnuserv-start)

Hello Ian,

    now it works again. It looks like the reason was a damaged gnuserv
    package after a fsck, (although correctly installed). Reinstalling the
    gnuserv package and doing a M-x gnuserv-start made it work.

      Thanks anyway -- Peter
Peter Weiss, Riemenschneiderstraße 4, 82008 Unterhaching
---    The foolish ones taught more to me than the wise ones ever could    ---