Re: LDAP

On 1999-05-03 12:10, Nathan E Norman wrote:

> Where can I get more information about LDAP?  I keep hearing that it's
> the way to go for a corporate email directory ... I see that Debian has
> an LDAP server packaged.  What should I do to learn the ins and outs of
> LDAP?

OpenLDAP (www.openldap.org) is the only free, actively maintained LDAP
server that I am aware of.  Check out the mailing list archive, src
(which include the relevant RFCs last time that I checked) and of
course the links on the web site.

Some urls:

http://developer.netscape.com/
http://www.umich.edu/~dirsvcs/ldap/doc/guides/slapd/
http://www.hk.super.net/~alan_k/ldap/top.html

A (supposely) good hard reference:

'Understanding and deploying LDAP Directory Services' by Tim Howes,
Mark Smith and Gordon Good

Personally, I found the subject (a little) hard to aproach because of
the X.500 legacy and general lack of comprehensive information.  It's
getting better, but there is still some way to go (IMHO).

/Allan
--
Allan M. Wind			Phone: 	781.938.5272 (home)
687 Main Street, 2nd Floor	Fax: 	781.938.6641 (fax/modem)