anacron job for a user?

Hi all:

I want to set up a job to daily compress my nnml directories in
~/Mail/; for that I need to run a command:
find ~/Mail -type f -name "*[0-9]" -print | xargs gzip --best

I can't use crontab, because the computer is not on constantly and I
want to make sure the job is executed.

As far as I understood from anacron and anacrontab man-pages, it is
not ment to be run on a user-level, right? Is the only way to set up
an anacron job is through editing /etc/anacrontab or adding script to
/etc/cron.daily?

TIA
--
Arcady Genkin
"I opened up my wallet, and it's full of blood..." - GsYBE