Re: mutt+exim not working

On Mon, 3 May 1999, Paul Nathan Puri wrote:

> My mua's are all working except for mutt. Mutt will not send mail.  It acts like it does (no errors), but the mail never gets there.
>
> What could be the problem?
>
> I have attached a copy of my .muttrc file, please look to see if something is wrong there.  I'm at a loss, and would greatly like to use mutt for the pgp awareness.  Thanks

Check your exim logfiles /var/log/exim/{mainlog|rejectlog|paniclog} to
make sure that exim got the email and what it did with it.

The default Debian exim configuration includes the line:

sender_host_reject_relay=*

Which can cause problems with mail from 127.0.0.1 ... exim might reject
it. Let's make sure that is the problem before we go changing anything,
though.