Re[2]: Fax software

"Damir J. Naden" <dnaden@inforamp.net> wrote:

> My choice is efax, which requires very small part of the HD, and it
> does send
> faxes OK. It is a command line based, but I can send my faxes directly
> from
> within lyx with it. Don't know about other modems, but for me it works
> well
> with internal USR Sportster 33.3 flash upgraded to 56k.

I agree - I too use efax. You can easily send a fax from the command
line. The following line will prepare a previously printed-to-file
postscript document for faxing and will call the document 'letter.00x':

gs -q -sDEVICE=tiffg3 -dNOPAUSE -sOutputFile=letter.%03d input.file.ps
</dev/null

This line will actually send the fax:

efax -d /dev/ttyS1 -o1 -t TXXXXXXXXXX letter.001 (where XXXX is the
telephone number.)

I also have a macro which will permit faxing directly from Applixware
without having to use the command line at all. Get back to me if you'd
like a copy.

--
Phillip Deackes
gsmh@gmx.net