Re: How do I upgrade slink->potato using apt-get?

*- On  1 May, Eric S. Blau wrote about "How do I upgrade slink->potato using apt-get?"
> Hello,
>
> I am fairly new to Debian.  Is there an easy way to upgrade from slink to
> potato using apt-get?  Or, should I not even mess with potato, being fairly
> new to Debian?
>
> Thanks,
>
> -ESB

I personally am waiting since the glibc2.1 problems are not all sorted
out yet.  An alternative is to just download and install individual
packages that you want to update, as long as they do not depend on
lib6 >= 2.1.  But if you want to do the whole thing just change your
sources.list file to point to potato instead of slink.

In mine that would change

deb http://debian.midco.net/debian slink main contrib non-free
deb http://debian.midco.net/debian potato main contrib non-free

Then as root do the following after reading the apt-get man page.

apt-get update
apt-get dist-upgrade

Go watch a movie or something. Thats it.

--
Brian