Re: Talk

Brian Schramm wrote:

> OK I want to use talk on the slink distribution.  I have ytalk
> installed along with talkd damon.  But for some reason it always
> comes back saying that the person is refusing connection.  I
> thought that the talk system worked with all users right away.  The
> man pages and config files are no help.  Everything that I have
> read says it should be working.  Any ideas?

Yup. Any user who wants to recieve word from the talk daemon that
somebody's trying to chat with them needs to have:

mesg y

in their .bash_profile (or if you want to make talk accessability
mandatory for some reason, you can put the line in /etc/profile).

It's not enabled by default (some folks don't want to be bugged by
every soul who telnets into their box).  :-)

--
         .       .      kaha@coinet.com