Re: Possible problem with xlock and xscreensaver on potato

"Charles E. Suprin" <csuprin@mitre.org> writes:

> Hello,
>
> My machine using potato is configured so that the xscreensaver turns on
> when I am inactive.  However there are other times when I use xlock to
> lock the display manually.  When I do  this xscreensaver kicks on and I
> am forced to enter my password twice.
>
> The problem is that a plaintext copy of my password end up sitting on
> the command line of one of my xterm's.

You might want to look into xautolock in non-free.  It will turn on
the screensaver and lock the display after a timeout.  It can also be
configured to lock whenever you move the cursor into a specified
corner, so you don't need to run xlock.

--
Carl Johnson		carlj@peak.org