Re: Linux experts

On Fri, 30 Apr 1999, Brian Schramm wrote:

> OK, now I have your attention.
>
> I want to set up an ocational private connection between work and home acrosed
> the net.  I have ssh on both computers but I do not know if that is all I need.
>
> I will be using it to transfer files and do manual configuration mostly.  Since
> I will be working with root privlages I do not want anyone to see what I am
> typeing.
>
> Is ssh all I need or is there an easier way to do this?  Remember, I have no

I couldn't possibly get much easier than that!  Just install the debian
ssh package and you are good to go.  For file transer you can use the scp
command from the ssh package.  ssh even encrypts the X connections that
are piped through it.  You can pipe all kinds of connections through ssh
if you really want to get in to it...

So yeah, just install ssh.