Re: 1.6 gig hard drive addition

On Thu, 29 Apr 1999, Chuck Lackey wrote:

> I now have a 1.6 gig hd to add to my Linux (test) box. This is an old
> 486 mb without LBA mode. All the drives (as yet) installed are 540 M or
> less. Can I add the 1.6 G without ontrack or similar programs?
> This isn't intended (at this time) to be a bootable drive.

 It shouldn't be a problem. LILO uses the BIOS when booting, but after
that the Linux kernel takes over and it's a lot smarter about identifying
drive sizes. Since you aren't planning on booting from it (and thus
involving the BIOS) you shouldn't have any difficulty.

 Sincerely,

 Ray Ingles          (248) 377-7735         ray.ingles@fanucrobotics.com

 "The meek can *have* the Earth. The rest of us are going to the stars!"
                       - Robert A. Heinlein