pppd can't find Ethernet address for proxy ARP

Hello,

Everytime I launch pppd with the pon command I see that the log file reports something like "Can't determine Ethernet address for proxy ARP."

So far I've been unable to connect my home network to my ISP using IPMasquarade and the only reason I can think of is this proxy ARP problem with ppp.

I don't recall seeing this message before debian 2.0, when my home network was happily connected to the Internet. Any ideas?

Thank you,

Pedro I. Sanchez