Slink Install Problem

    I'm having trouble installing Debian 2.1 from CD-ROM. I'm able to
boot from the CD and get the partitions initialized (I'm using the
partitions from my Red Hat 5.2 installation). When I go to install the
kernel and modules, I enter the installation medium and CD interface.
When it asks me for the archive path, I used what was on the screen
(/debian). Then I'm asked whether I want to choose the archive path from
a list or enter it manually. I chose the list and pressed ok when I was
shown the path(..ebian/dists/slink/main/disks-i386/2.1.8-1999-02-22). A
box flashed on the screen for a second and then another box appeared
that said "The attempt to extract the Rescue Floppy failed!". I went
back and tried to enter the path
manually(/instmnt/debian/dists/slink/main/disks-i386/2.1.8-1999-02-22),
but the same thing happened. I went and looked at the files in the CD
and the path is correct. The files that it's looking for are in the CD
(I think one of the files was resc1440.bin). Is this a problem with the
CD or could it something else? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!
-Chad