email from cracklib cron

I have a system that I hadn't bothered adding "> dev/null" to the
appropriate place in /etc/cron.daily/cracklib to avoid the email
(slink distribution). It's on a seldom used system and I just never
bothered. I had hoped that the simple fix would be quickly uploaded
and I wouldn't need to bother. Well, it finally got to the point that
it was driving me crazy so I looked in the Debain mailing list archive
and applied the "> /dev/null".

My question is why hasn't this been fixed? Or perhaps it has and
somehow my system just isn't up-to-date? Or was it deemed too simple a
fix to warrant a new version of cracklib-runtime?

Gary