Re: Wine 990328 - can I still get it anywhere?

> Ack! I lost Wine 990328 trying to upgrade to the latest version,
which,
> unfortunately requires glibc2.1. Is there anywhere I can the previous
one
> as a Debian package?

Updates to wine are posted at a rate of about 2 per month, .deb's come
out not quite as often.  I always grab the source and build wine myself
every few months.  I decompress the tarball in /usr/local/src, cd to
the resulting directory and build it using
./configure
make
make install

(read the INSTALL or README file that comes with the wine sources.)
Wine is VERY easy to build (though it does take a while if you don't
have a fast computer.  Under a 1/2 hour on my K6-233 system).  Programs
such as wine and geda that are under rapid development are not good
ones to install as .deb's, you can be more up to date if you build'em youself.
===
Amateur Radio, when all else fails!

http://www.qsl.net/wa2mze

Debian Gnu Linux, Live Free or .....