Re: ISA vs PCI Modem

On Sat, 24 Apr 1999, Greg Scharrer wrote:
	My experience with PCI modems is that they are
likely to be winmodems. My supplier stopped selling the
ISA modems in favour of the new PCI modems, but now
is restocking ISAs. I had problems with the PCI modems
in Win 95&98. Auto-locating the driver for the PCI serial
enumerator in windows was anything but auto. Depending
on the motherboard? Use an ISA modem with jumpers, might
be old fashioned but its guaranteed to work At present I have
an external 56k modem. (not PnP or winmodem).
	They won't say winmodem on the box, check for
operation/drivers for dos/win3x/win9x. If it only works in
win95/98 its a nonmodem.

--

Cheers,
Colin Tree