Re: Hit by virus !? Help, please...

> Could someone give an opinion on turning on "Antivirus" feature in the
> motherboard BIOS? I recall hearing once that it should be avoided, but
> I can't remember the arguments.
>
> FWIW, I have an ABIT BX6 MB.
> --
> Arcady Genkin

Hi

Doesnt seem it will work.  The virus destorys only Flash BIOS which could
be prevented by setting jumpers in ur mboard.  U can consult ur mboard
manual for that. I feel the antivirus option in the BIOS is for
warning against Boot sector modifications or some thing of that sort.

Regards de
Ajith Peter VU3EMX <ajith@collegemail.com>