Re: Hit by virus !? Help, please...

In a message dated 4/28/99 10:25:05 AM Central Daylight Time,
genkin@sympatico.ca writes:

> > > It deletes your BIOS after writing over the disk ... not just the
>  > > partition table.
>
>  Could someone give an opinion on turning on "Antivirus" feature in the
>  motherboard BIOS? I recall hearing once that it should be avoided, but
>  I can't remember the arguments.

On my latop, I have the same setting... and it controls whether or not I can
overwrite the MBR on my HD.  Assuming I don't plan on partioning my drive, I
can set this switch to prevent anyone else from doing so.

Unfortunately, it doesn't protect the BIOS itself.

-Jay