Re: atx and fan (noise) control

On Tue, 27 Apr 1999, Ray wrote:

> As for turning the fans on & off, about the only ones you have much hope to
> control are the cpu and case fans. [...]
> There is a Linux hardware monitor project dealing with this but I don't have
> the link handy at the moment.  If noone else comes up with the link I'll dig
> it up.

 It's at "http://www.netroedge.com/~lm78/";. It works fine for my ASUS P5A
motherboard. So far as I can tell, though, it's monitor-only. I don't know
of a way to shut off the fans.

 Sincerely,

 Ray Ingles         (248) 377-7735        ray.ingles@fanucrobotics.com

 "Suffering is good for the soul, but it is usually best to wait until
  the body has no choice in the matter."  -  Stephen Donaldson