Re: lost sound after changing video card

Allen added,

> On 1999-04-27 16:23, Richard E. Hawkins Esq. wrote:
>
> The only obviuos thing that I think think of is IRQ, DMA or IO
> conflict which would prevent the (sound) driver to prosper.  The
> device busy is normal though - at least, I've seen that with working
> cards as well.

eyryttyp0:hawk>cat /proc/ioports
0000-001f : dma1
0020-003f : pic1
0040-005f : timer
0060-006f : keyboard
0080-008f : dma page reg
00a0-00bf : pic2
00c0-00df : dma2
00f0-00ff : fpu
01f0-01f7 : ide0
02f8-02ff : serial(set)
0300-031f : NE2000
03c0-03df : vga+
03f6-03f6 : ide0
03f8-03ff : serial(set)
6300-6307 : ide0
6308-630f : ide1
eyryttyp0:linux>cat /proc/interrupts
           CPU0
  0:    6147164          XT-PIC  timer
  1:      39264          XT-PIC  keyboard
  2:          0          XT-PIC  cascade
  4:     282277          XT-PIC  serial
 10:     809859          XT-PIC  NE2000
 13:          1          XT-PIC  fpu
 14:      98993          XT-PIC  ide0
NMI:          0

But now i notice that there seems to be no entry in /etc/modutils to
configure the sound module, and I need these because the defaults for
the sb module are for an uncommon irq.  I had to put these in befroe to
get it to work, I wonder where they went.  And does anywone know what
they are offhand for a 16bit soundblaster clone? (I can't remember what
I did with them).

No, wait; that's not right.  I know what I did with them, they just
seem to have left :)