Re: VB asp on Apache

On 27 Apr 1999, Miquel van Smoorenburg wrote:

> In article <cistron.Pine.LNX.3.96.990427215127.3951A-100000@casal.upc.es>,
> Pere Camps  <pere@casal.upc.es> wrote:
> >	Can apache serve VB asp pages?
>
> Sure, apache can serve them, but there is no VB interpreter for Linux
> so the output will look not quite the way you intended it.

 If it absolutely *had* to be done, there's a commercial product called
VBIX that will interpret VB code under Unix. You can find it at
"http://www.vbix.com/";, and apparently is does support ASP.

 It seems much simpler to do scripting in php or perl or something more
unix-friendly, but sometimes you don't have control over the system
requirements.

 Sincerely,

 Ray Ingles          (248) 377-7735         ray.ingles@fanucrobotics.com

  If you get an email that says, "FORWARD THIS IMMEDIATELY TO ALL YOUR
     FRIENDS, *RIGHT* *NOW*!", don't. It's a hoax, I guarantee it.
                               - Me