Re: Hit by virus !? Help, please...

[Tale of W9x virus rubbing out both W95 and Debian by trashing boot
sector snipped]

Yike. That is a nasty thought. I have Debian and W98 on separate physical
discs at home and W98 refuses to acknowledge the existence of the Debian
disc. Hopefully a W98 virus would trash W98 on hda and leave my Debian
setup on hdb alone, except that I would need a boot floppy to get going.
Does this sound plausible? I think I might just go home and make a boot
floppy or two.....

Hugh

Hugh C. Pumphrey, Dept. of -    | Tel. 0131-650-6026,Fax:0131-650-5780
Meteorology, Univ. of Edinburgh | Replace 0131 with +44-131 if outside U.K
EDINBURGH EH9 3JZ, Scotland     | Email hcp@met.ed.ac.uk