Re: Apache?

In article <cistron.01be90d5$518929d0$a3e6d0d1@vlad.nyic.com>,
Eugene <eventi@nyic.com> wrote:
>>ying shang wrote:
>>>
>>> When I boot the Debian, I find that it tells me Apache starting. But I
>can
>>> not find out where is the home directory of the apache.
>>
>>The command 'which' will show the path to the program, for example used
>>with the program Joe,
>>
>>~$ which joe
>>/usr/bin/joe
>
>Good advice, but Apache runs a daemon called 'httpd'.  If you know it's
>running, try 'ps ax | less' .

Uhm no. The daemon _is_ called apache.

% ps ax | grep apa
  254 ?        S      0:00 /usr/sbin/apache
  263 ?        S      0:00 /usr/sbin/apache
  264 ?        S      0:00 /usr/sbin/apache
  265 ?        S      0:00 /usr/sbin/apache
  266 ?        S      0:00 /usr/sbin/apache

I think the gentleman was asking about where to put the HTML docs
for the webserver. Well, that's easy; just point your browser to the
local host, and the default index page will tell you all about it.

Mike.
--
Indifference will certainly be the downfall of mankind, but who cares?