Re: the ~ files

If you want a little bit of safety you can alway add this to
your .bashrc (or what ever shell profile you source)

alias rm='rm -i'

This will ask you to confirm your deletions, so long as you do
not use the -f option.  The -f option will just do it no matter
how your shell is set up.

I guess you could try aliasing rm -f but I dont know if that is
possilbe or feasable.
John.

Michael Beattie wrote:

> [snip]
> > Using wildcards can dangerous when used with the rm command. From
> > experience, I know it is all too easy to type
> > rm -rf * ~ instead of rm -rf *~
>
> I get jittery even thinking about typing that in email....
>
>                        Michael Beattie (mickyb@es.co.nz)
>
>                PGP Key available, reply with "pgpkey" as subject.
begin:vcard
n:Stevenson;John
tel;fax:+31 20 34 22 820
tel;work:+31 20 34 22 820
x-mozilla-html:TRUE
url:www.oa.nl
org:OA Europe
version:2.1
email;internet:John@oa.nl
title:Technical Consultant
adr;quoted-printable:;;Objective Alliance=0D=0AHoghilweg 14L;Amsterdam;Zoud Oust;1101 CD;Nederlands
x-mozilla-cpt:;-11328
fn:John  Stevenson
end:vcard