Re: isapnp modem

Hi Paul

	I had the same prob trying to cfg my Sierra AccuModem.  I
downloaded isapnptools-1.18 from www.roestock.demon.co.uk/isapnptools.
Installed it and did some tweaking on the isapnp.conf and it is working
perfectly. I have enclosed a copy of my isapnp.conf along with this mail.
I hope it will be helpful to u....

With Regards

Ajith Peter VU3EMX <ajith@collegemail.com>

	>>> Keeping up the spirit of amateur radio and free computing <<<

> I have edited my /etc/isapnp.conf file, did isapnpdump and it found my isa
> modem.  It reconizes my serial card on boot, but I can't seem to make it
> work.
>
> Can someone show me an example of a properly uncommented /etc/isapnp.conf?

# $Id: pnpdump.c,v 1.15a 1998/05/25 17:22:16 fox Exp $
# This is free software, see the sources for details.
# This software has NO WARRANTY, use at your OWN RISK
#
# For details of this file format, see isapnp.conf(5)
#
# For latest information on isapnp and pnpdump see:
# http://www.roestock.demon.co.uk/isapnptools/
#
# Compiler flags: -DREALTIME -DNEEDSETSCHEDULER
#
# Trying port address 0203
# Board 1 has serial identifier ad 00 00 0f 4a 04 00 63 4e

#(DEBUG)
(READPORT 0x0203)
(ISOLATE PRESERVE)
(IDENTIFY *)

# Card 1: (serial identifier ad 00 00 0f 4a 04 00 63 4e)
# Vendor Id SSC0004, Serial Number 3914, checksum 0xAD.
# Version 1.0, Vendor version 1.0
# ANSI string -->Sierra AccuSound FaxModem, Voice, Speakerphone, SQ3230<--
#
# Logical device id SSC0000
#     Device support I/O range check register
#     Device supports vendor reserved register @ 0x3a
#     Device supports vendor reserved register @ 0x3c
#
# Edit the entries below to uncomment out the configuration required.
# Note that only the first value of any range is given, this may be changed if required
# Don't forget to uncomment the activate (ACT Y) when happy

(CONFIGURE SSC0004/3914 (LD 0

# Multiple choice time, choose one only !

#     Start dependent functions: priority preferred
#       Fixed IO base address 0x03f8
#             Number of IO addresses required: 8
# (IO 0 (BASE 0x03f8))
#       IRQ 4.
#             High true, edge sensitive interrupt (by default)
# (INT 0 (IRQ 4 (MODE +E)))

#       Start dependent functions: priority preferred
#       Fixed IO base address 0x02f8
#             Number of IO addresses required: 8
# (IO 0 (BASE 0x02f8))
#       IRQ 3.
#             High true, edge sensitive interrupt (by default)
# (INT 0 (IRQ 3 (MODE +E)))

#       Start dependent functions: priority preferred
#       Fixed IO base address 0x03e8
#             Number of IO addresses required: 8
(IO 0 (BASE 0x03e8))
#       IRQ 4.
#             High true, edge sensitive interrupt (by default)
(INT 0 (IRQ 12 (MODE +E)))

#       Start dependent functions: priority preferred
#       Fixed IO base address 0x02e8
#             Number of IO addresses required: 8
# (IO 0 (BASE 0x02e8))
#       IRQ 3.
#             High true, edge sensitive interrupt (by default)
# (INT 0 (IRQ 3 (MODE +E)))

#       Start dependent functions: priority acceptable
#       Fixed IO base address 0x02f8
#             Number of IO addresses required: 8
# (IO 0 (BASE 0x02f8))
#       IRQ 3, 4, 5, 7, 9, 10, 11 or 12.
#             High true, edge sensitive interrupt (by default)
# (INT 0 (IRQ 3 (MODE +E)))

#       Start dependent functions: priority acceptable
#       Fixed IO base address 0x03f8
#             Number of IO addresses required: 8
# (IO 0 (BASE 0x03f8))
#       IRQ 3, 4, 5, 7, 9, 10, 11 or 12.
#             High true, edge sensitive interrupt (by default)
# (INT 0 (IRQ 3 (MODE +E)))

#       Start dependent functions: priority acceptable
#       Fixed IO base address 0x03e8
#             Number of IO addresses required: 8
# (IO 0 (BASE 0x03e8))
#       IRQ 3, 4, 5, 7, 9, 10, 11 or 12.
#             High true, edge sensitive interrupt (by default)
# (INT 0 (IRQ 3 (MODE +E)))

#       Start dependent functions: priority acceptable
#       Fixed IO base address 0x02e8
#             Number of IO addresses required: 8
# (IO 0 (BASE 0x02e8))
#       IRQ 3, 4, 5, 7, 9, 10, 11 or 12.
#             High true, edge sensitive interrupt (by default)
# (INT 0 (IRQ 3 (MODE +E)))

#     End dependent functions
#     ANSI string -->FAX/Modem<--
(ACT Y)
))
#
# Logical device id SSC0001
#     Device supports vendor reserved register @ 0x3a
#     Device supports vendor reserved register @ 0x3c
#
# Edit the entries below to uncomment out the configuration required.
# Note that only the first value of any range is given, this may be changed if required
# Don't forget to uncomment the activate (ACT Y) when happy

(CONFIGURE SSC0004/3914 (LD 1

# Multiple choice time, choose one only !

#     Start dependent functions: priority preferred
#       IRQ 10, 11 or 12.
#             High true, edge sensitive interrupt (by default)
 (INT 0 (IRQ 10 (MODE +E)))
#       First DMA channel 3.
#             8 bit DMA only
#             Logical device is not a bus master
#             DMA may execute in count by byte mode
#             DMA may not execute in count by word mode
#             DMA channel speed in compatible mode
# (DMA 0 (CHANNEL 3))

#       Start dependent functions: priority acceptable
#       IRQ 3, 4, 5, 7, 9, 10, 11 or 12.
#             High true, edge sensitive interrupt (by default)
# (INT 0 (IRQ 3 (MODE +E)))
#       First DMA channel 1.
#             8 bit DMA only
#             Logical device is not a bus master
#             DMA may execute in count by byte mode
#             DMA may not execute in count by word mode
#             DMA channel speed in compatible mode
# (DMA 0 (CHANNEL 1))

#       Start dependent functions: priority acceptable
#       *** ERROR *** No IRQ specified!
#       First DMA channel 3.
#             8 bit DMA only
#             Logical device is not a bus master
#             DMA may execute in count by byte mode
#             DMA may not execute in count by word mode
#             DMA channel speed in compatible mode
 (DMA 0 (CHANNEL 3))

#       Start dependent functions: priority acceptable
#       *** ERROR *** No IRQ specified!
#       First DMA channel 1.
#             8 bit DMA only
#             Logical device is not a bus master
#             DMA may execute in count by byte mode
#             DMA may not execute in count by word mode
#             DMA channel speed in compatible mode
# (DMA 0 (CHANNEL 1))

#     End dependent functions
#     ANSI string -->Modem Voice<--
 (ACT Y)
))
# End tag... Checksum 0x00 (OK)
# Returns all cards to the "Wait for Key" state
(WAITFORKEY)