Re: the ~ files

> But if I don't mistake, theire is a lot of software that add a ~ after a
> backup file. So I would like to know if there is a way do delete in one
> commande with secure way.

when i'm not sure if the rm command i'm going to run is the one i actually
want i do this:

# ls ~*

and then if the list of files i get is what i actually want i run the rm
command (as other have warned be careful not to get a space in there by
mistake).

also if you're really not sure or if you want to delete all of the ~*
commands but a couple of them you can do this:

# rm -i ~*

which will prompt you with a yes/no option before it deletes each file.

adam.