Re: ISA vs PCI Modem

On 23 Apr 1999, John Hasler wrote:

 : Greg Scharrer writes:
 : > I am thinking about buying a 56k modem. I have a 28.8k modem. I know not
 : > to buy a Winmodem. I have seen ads for ISA and PCI modems. Is one kind
 : > better than the other?
 :
 : Multitech reportedly makes one PCI modem that is not a winmodem.  So far as
 : I know all others are.  I'd stay away from PCI modems.

This will be difficult in the future as the ISA bus disappears - many
new PCs have no ISA slots at all.

IMO it's embarrasing that most PCI modem manufacturers are making them
winmodems.  Talk about cheap!

--
Nathan Norman
MidcoNet  410 South Phillips Avenue  Sioux Falls, SD